Forensic Science Curriculum Module
Turn students into detectives as they investigate DNA, blood and fingerprint evidence
Students develop a thorough understanding of concepts such as Locard’s Principle, genetic principles of inheritance, and chromatography. They acquire skills through activities such as making an impression cast, analyzing altered documents, and modeling a DNA profile. In each unit of study (lab), students perform both skill and case activities.
The module culminates in a comprehensive culminating activity called The Case of the Silent Sentinel.
Forensic Science includes:
- Investigation literature and student guide, comprehensive Curriculum Guide, and a Curriculum Resources CD-ROM with a virtual lab
- Six units of study (labs), each with 4-6 skill activities and 4-6 case activities (55 activities total):
- Unit 1: Fingerprint Evidence
- Unit 2: DNA Evidence
- Unit 3: Blood Evidence
- Unit 4: Trace Evidence – Particles, Fibers, and Marks
- Unit 5: Questioned Document Evidence
- Unit 6: Comprehensive Inquiry Investigation
- A poster on fingerprinting.
- Storage cabinet with materials for 40 students in clearly labeled drawers
|1013062 ||Complete Module with Virtual Lab ||$799.95 |
|1014782 ||Curriculum Guide ||$199.95 |
|1284504 ||CD-ROM Network License ||$299.95 |
|1306589 ||Refill Package ||$299.95 |