NEW! Biotechnology Techniques Curriculum Module
Explore the essentials of modern biotechnology methodology
Students investigate the macromolecule DNA and acquire skills in running electrophoretic separations of DNA and other molecules to determine mass and charge. They learn about recombinant DNA, restriction enzymes, and site mapping; investigate gene products; and observe gene expression.
Two comprehensive culminating activities have students examine gene expression – transferring genes from one host to another – and the technology behind the DNA chip.
Biotechnology Techniques includes:
- Investigation literature and student guide, comprehensive Curriculum Guide, and a Curriculum Resources CD-ROM with a virtual lab
- Four units of study (labs), each with 1-5 activities (12 activities total):
- Unit 1: Understanding DNA
- Unit 2: Biotechnology Techniques I
- Unit 3: Biotechnology Techniques II
- Unit 4: Comprehensive Inquiry Investigations
- Storage cabinet with materials for 40 students in clearly labeled drawers
|1278357 ||Complete Module with Virtual Lab ||$599.95 |
|1278380 ||Curriculum Guide ||$199.95 |
|1288814 ||CD-ROM Network License ||$299.95 |
|1306591 ||Refill Package ||$299.95 |